Tuesday, February 12, 2008

In the News

A couple of...um...interesting things I read today.

Let's say your 89 years old...imagine for me...your old and you've accidently locked yourself out of your house. Oh no! What do you do?

Gerry Palmer of Durango, Colorado had this very problem. Locked outside in her patio area. A locked back door and pile of snow on the other end keeping her there. I'm thinking if I'm turning 90 years old this weekend I might just call it a 'good game.' It's been a fun almost 90 years. 8 decades isn't bad. Or maybe I would just yell for my neighbors [if I liked them and all]. Or maybe I would pick up the phone in my hands! Whatever my choices may have been...I don't think picking up an axe and slamming through my back door would have been my choice. An axe!

I have a couple of questions in my head with this. One...where did a 89 year old woman find the strength to hammer through her door in four swings? Secondly...why does this woman have an axe on her patio? I have like a broom and a barbeque grill...not an axe.

In any case. Gerry Palmer is awesome in my book. I just pray that when I'm 89 I can axe through things...I will at least try.

The second story:

I wasn't ever a big fan of getting up early and going to school. I was always dragging and trying to find a way to get some sleep. Remind me...I'll tell you about the pillow I use to take to class in High School. Anyways...I might have enjoyed going to school if something like this ever happened.

Students showed up to school in Philadelphia on Monday morning to find 50 chickens running around. HaHa. The school doesn't know where the chickens came from but because of droppings and just plain chicken filth all around the school....the students were sent home. HaHa chickens at school.

1 comment:

laura said...

i wish i had come to school and found chickens. nothing interesting EVER happened!