Friday, July 16, 2010

Favorite Tom Hanks' Movies

I am going to give you my favorite Tom Hanks movies. Why am I doing this? Well, TNT showed "The Green Mile" starring Tom Hanks last night. I forgot how much I really like this unusual movie. Well, it got me thinking of Tom Hanks' movies all together and that lead to me coming up with this idea.

So, this list is all Tom Hanks and I figure I'll have some other lists in the future and work my way up to my favorite movies period. Now, the key word in all this is "my." My criteria is based on what I like and how well I remember it. Here we go in David Letterman top 10 fashion...

11. The Burbs (1989)
    -It's one extra but it's the first Hanks movie I remember. It's classic goofy "Bosom Buddies" Hanks.

10. That Thing You Do! (1996)
    -I give him extra credit for writing, directing and co-staring in this. Catchy tunes are probably not his.

9. Castaway (2000)
    -Any movie that has over an hour of one person on screen needs seriously good acting. He does it and a shame he didn't win an Oscar for this performance.

8. Big (1988)
    -Classic. He's a kid that grows up.

7. Apollo 13 (1995)
    -"Houston, we have a problem." Although it's not what was said in real life, it's what everyone believes because Hanks said it.

6. The Green Mile (1999)
    -Maybe it's because I just watched it, but I am reminded of great acting with a great story. This is a great movie.

 5. Turner and Hooch (1989)
    -Can I admit that this was the first movie I cried in? His poor dog (and I don't like dogs)!

 4. A League of Their Own (1992)
    -Everyone learned the golden rule of baseball: "There's no crying in baseball!"

3. The Terminal (2004)
    -An unusual movie that demanded a great acting performance to make it happen. He does it and I like to watch it.

2.. Forrest Gump (1994)
    -This is the movie that set Tom Hanks on the track to being Tom Hanks. A remarkable performance.

1. Saving Private Ryan (1998)
    -He has a great cast, but you can't deny this movie isn't about Private Ryan, it's about Capt. Miller doing something right in the midst of so much wrong.


Photobucket

No comments: