Saturday, October 13, 2007

I Told My 6 Month Daughter...

Laura sat Reese down in our rocking recliner. I was sitting on the couch. Reese looked over at me and smiled. Beautiful.

She then squirmed from her sitting position and twisted herself onto her belly. Nice move.

She began to squirm around the chair. The chair began to rock and her head faced forward. It was almost as if she was getting off the chair to do something. I lean over to her to 'catch' her if she squirmed off the chair.

This is what I told my 6 month old daughter at this moment....

"Reese. Don't get in a position to go anywhere when you can't go anywhere. It's dangerous to get ready to go somewhere when you can't go anywhere. So be careful and don't go anywhere because you can't go anywhere."

Lord, help me in the next 18 years.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Lol! I'm sure she understood exactly what you meant!