Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Is Daddy Nite Nite?

Me and Reese are tiz-aight right now. As Laura puts it, "They are best friends."

Laura knows this. We talk about it. Right now, Reese wants to play with me. Reese wants me to hold her. Reese wants me to feed her. Poor Laura can't do everything she has before and Reese knows that the new baby is always with Momma. So, with that Reese wants her daddy.

I, of course, am ok with this.

Tonight: we put Reese to bed in her big girl bed. We say our prayers. I do my signature tuck. We both get our nite nite kisses. Reese then says, "Daddy lay down please," and pats her pillow for me.

It's sweet. I love it.

I lay down for a bit and she is calm and getting into sleep mode. After a bit, I get up and kiss her goodnight.

A bit later, Reese begins to cry while I'm at the store. Laura goes in and tells her, "It's time to go nite nite."

"Is daddy nite nite?"

"Yes. Daddy is nite nite."

"Oh. K. Nite nite mommy."

Silent ever since.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Staci said...

How sweet!

laura said...

yea yea. she loves you more. the next one is mine!