Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a great Mother's Day weekend. We headed to Arlington for the weekend to 1)pick up Reese 2)see my sister for her birthday 3)see my mother, grandmother and mother-in-law for Mother's Day.

Here is what Reese and Lucy got Laura for Mother's Day:

Laura loves it. She loves it so much she found it and bought it at an antique store in Abilene. She was willing to give up the surprise gift for this....so you know she loves it. You may have read it on Laura' Blog, but when Reese came home (we got this while she was gone) she was in awe of it and even asked, "It's for me?" She loves to plug it in every morning and take books out to read.

While in Arlington, I was able to spend all day Friday with the girls. One thing we did was ride our bikes! Ok, Reese rode her bike while Lucy and I followed. Reese has gotten very good at riding her Dora Bike.

Here is our fun, beautiful Friday afternoon:

We did 7 laps around the long drive-way and side walk. Reese's bike there plays Dora music and Dora will talk to her and what not. She loves it. On one particular lap Dora asked, "Where do you want to go?" Without missing a beat, Reese responded, "I want to go to the fiesta," and she picked up speed down the driveway. I had to stop pushing Lucy to laugh.

Lucy L.O.V.E.D. watching her big sis. We followed behind her and Lucy never...never took her eyes off her. It's so fun watching her be in complete and utter awe of her sister.

When Reese decided it was time to be done after only two laps, I had her park the bike and sit with me on the front porch to enjoy the weather. 3 seconds of that and Reese said, "Ok, I need to ride my bike now. Let's go Lucy." So up we got and rode some more. Great.Ness.

Back to Mother's Day weekend. Laura got to Baby register with my sister and we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner that night for Birthday/Mother's Day dinner. It was fun, except I think Cheesecake Factory made me feel sick that night. Avoiding that place for awhile.

On the way home this happened:

She was literally in mid-chew and if I re-call correctly, mid-song when it went silent. She slept with a half eaten chip in her lap for 2 1/2 hours. Bliss.

Sunday morning Laura got a talking card from Reese and that surprise massage gift even though she got the book case. I know...I'm a great husband. I cooked Sunday lunch, just the four us and we took naps. I even got up with Lucy and let Laura continue the nap. I know....great husband!

It was a great weekend to celebrate and be with my blessing of a family!

Photobucket

1 comment:

laura said...

You are a great husband. It was a great mothers day!