Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Child's Bed

Have you looked in your child's bed lately?

Reese has gone back to needing more attention at night. Not sure why. But she is only a 3 year old and her imagination runs wild right now. Anyways, I've been having to go back in there lately to settle her and assure her sleep is not a bad thing.

So, a couple of nights ago go to settle her and decide the best course of action is to climb in bed with her. I climb in bed with her to find more than a pillow and her babies (blankets). This girl hoards things and this is the place she keeps it. Remember me telling you she hid a can of Febreeze in her bed? There is more.

First, you shouldn't climb into a bed, a three year old or not, and put your head on a wet, sticky pillow. It just should not be a worry. This pillow was just that as I placed my head down. I sit up picked the pillow up and found a stash of Tootsie Roll wrappers carefully placed under this pillow. The sticky part of the pillow was left over Tootsie Roll drool. Yuck.

I flip the pillow and move the covers to find shoes. It had to be every pair of shoes the girl owned.

"Reese, why are these shoes in your bed?"

"They are mine."

I couldn't argue with that. I moved some of them.

I found something else. "What is this?"

"My game!" It was a piece of a princess game she has and obviously the pieces were not in the box any longer.

"Reese, maybe we should clear some of this out of your bed?"

"No, no, no Daddy. This is mine and I neeeeeed it here. Ok?"

"Ok."

Photobucket

1 comment:

Staci said...

I'm never sure what I'll find in Brody's bed. Thankfully I haven't come across a sticky pillow yet! lol